Autumn Salad with Apples, Pomegranates, and Persimmons
- Juice from one large orange (or 2-3 Imperfect mandarins)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
- a couple pinches of celtic sea salt
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- Organic salad mix, about a ½ pound
- 1 crisp Imperfect apple, thinly sliced
- 1 medium Imperfect persimmon, thinly sliced
- 1 small pomegranate, cracked open and deseeded
- To make dressing: Mix all dressing ingredients together until well combined. Set aside.
- To assemble salad: Toss salad greens with dressing until evenly coated. Arrange apple and persimmon slices on top. Sprinkle pomegranate seeds all around the salad. Top with cooled candied hazel nuts.
- Serve and enjoy
Roopam's Tip: While this salad is beautiful as is, I think it's the perfect candidate for a chopped version - dice all of the fruits, shred the lettuce, and toss together. For a full autumn effect, throw in some roasted pumpkin seeds, hazelnuts or pecans. For added bulk, toss in some roasted and cubed Imperfect sweet potatoes/butternut squash and call it a night!
Kiwi and Green Apple Chutney
- 4 Imperfect kiwis scooped and chopped
- 1 Imperfect green apple grated
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 green chilli chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala.
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp olive oil
In a pan, heat oilive oil and add mustard seeds. Now add remaining ingredients and cook for 15 mins. Keep on stirring in between and your chutney is ready.
Roopam's Tip: This reminds me of the mango chutney we used to ALWAYS have as a side with Indian paratha's. I feel this would be amazing on top of a morning oatmeal, toast and/or yogurt, as a spread in sandwiches, or a sweet side relish with a rice dish.
Are you using these recipes? How about your own? Tag us on all of your favorite social media platoforms @imperfectfruit #CookingUgly